Lincoln Electric K2185 1 Handy Mig Welder Reviews
Preface of Lincoln Electric K2185 1 Handy Mig Welder
The Lincoln Electric K2185 1 Handy Mig Welder is an outstanding option for small welding jobs that use up to 1/8” metals. Lincoln is a company that has been around for over 120 years and prides itself on producing quality products that add convenience to the lives of their customers. The options to use gas or wire welding features, the safety options, and the price/warranty make this a great choice. I used one of these for a while, and found that it makes pretty nice beads, even with a beginner's style.
Some features of this Lincoln Electric MIG Welder include:
- Diverse: This Lincoln Electric Welder has the option to weld both flex-cored and MIG, with shield gas purchased separately. With 35-88 amp output, the multi-use functionality of this option makes this welding machine a great option. I swapped from MIG to flux core as the job called for, without any issue or delay. It's really very handy!
- Portable: Lincoln advertises this as a compact, portable, lightweight and easy to use, and that is spot-on correct! This was my welder on the job, because of how easy it was to move around!
- Cold Contactor Safety: It has a cold contactor safety feature for added benefit. This feature ensures that the wire remains cold until you pull the gun trigger to heat it. This is one benefit that shouldn't be overlooked. The convenience this adds (especially when I'm welding on the job for hours) is amazing!
- 1-Year Parts & Labor Warranty: Starting from the date of purchase, Lincoln backs the craftsmanship of the Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder with a full one-year warranty to repair or replace necessary parts relating to the manufacture or no-fault failure of the product. Lincoln is already known for being a high-end brand in the welding world, so this was no surprise to me!
- Affordable: This machine ranks with the best on the list of affordability. The features and craftsmanship make it a steal for under $400! With the ability to use gas and wire, this price is incredible.
Good Sides of this lincoln handy mig:
- Works with household outlets!: It will plug right into your home or garage’s 115V 20Amp outlets and go! This made it so easy for me to take from location to location while working.
- Long Life Expectancy: Made with quality parts under the trusted Lincoln brand, the Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Welder is fan-cooled, adding to the longevity of the equipment. I worked with this machine daily without a hiccup! and love it.
- Lots of Extras!: The purchase of The Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder comes with 6 contact tips (3 each of .035” and .025”), 3lbs of spool (1 lb.035” and 2 lb.025”), a chipping/hammer brush. A gas-less nozzle for flux-cored welding and a gas nozzle, regulator, and a hose for MIG welding! For this amazing package people may be easily choose it.
lincoln k2185 1's Some Minor Bad sides:
With a few drawbacks, this Lincoln Electric K2185-1 still ranks high on the preferred MIG welders available:
- No Gas Gauge: This small absence of this Lincoln welder means that you may not know when your running low on gas, but with cautious planning this drawback is easily forgiven with the ample features of this welder. I added a gauge myself, without issue.
- Limited Spool Capacity: This welder cannot house the larger wire spools, such as 10 lbs. This was a bit annoying, as it did require lots of re-spooling, but the easy transport more than makes up for it.
FAQ about Lincoln Handy Mig:
- Question: 1) Is the included wire that comes with this welder quality stuff?
- Answer: ) Yes! The flux wire included is Lincoln brand and a trusted source that offers only quality materials. It comes with a 1lbs spool of .035” Inner shield NR-211 flux cored wire and a 2lb. spool of .025” Super Arc L-56 solid MIG wire.
- Question: 2) What are the limitations of this welder? Can I use it to weld ¼” steel?
- Answer: ) It has a limitation of up to 1/8” on steel, and is not recommended to be used beyond that thickness.
- Question: 3) Does this welder come with a regulator?
- Answer: ) A simple regulator is included as a basic component of the Lincoln Electric Handy MIG Welder.
- Question: 4) Is this strictly a flux-core welder, or can I use gas?
- Answer: ) It has options and features to make flux-core welding or gas welding available. It was the first gas weld I did, and was easy as a first-timer.
- Question: 5) I see that parts and labor have a one-year warranty of their own. What is the warranty length on the gun and cable?
- Answer: ) From the date of purchase, 90 days, with proof of purchase.
Hence When recommending quality, durable, long-lasting, and versatile welders, The Lincoln Electric K2185 1 Handy Mig Welder is among the best MIG welders on the market, and gets my full recommendation! With the versatility of flux core wire or MIG welding, the portability and convenience of a lightweight machine, and the affordability coupled with the outstanding reputation of Lincoln’s brand, this welder is a great purchase for small jobs or lots of jobs. As a result I definitely recommend this product.