Forney MIG Welder 299 125FC Flux Core Reviews
Here is introducing point for Forney MIG Welder 299 125FC
The Forney MIG Welder 299 125FC Flux Core, 120 Volt, 125 Amp is a great welding option! Forney, a company with over 80 years of experience in the welding industry, has brought us this affordable and precision-based welder and it’s definitely worth the purchase. This welder was perfect for improving and repairing my chain-link fence, and was easy to use a novice welder.
The Forney 299 125FC Flux Core Welder is full of features that set this welder apart from the competition:
- Easy to Use: It is really easy to use. Just plug and go! I highly recommend this welder for beginners as much as for experienced welders!
- Portable: This machine has a durable handle and portable design. It is great for easy transport to each of your welding projects, from DIY to car maintenance and improvement. There was no issue in moving this machine around to access various contact points while I worked!
- Ample Storage: A bonus of the Forney 299 125FC Flux Core Welder is the added storage for more wire spool options: 2 or 10 pound. A 2lb spool of flux wire is included with purchase too!I went through the sample fairly quickly, and the wire feeds very well, creating great beads on my weld.
- 6-Month Warranty: Effective from the date of purchase, Forney will repair or replace parts or components of your Forney 299 125FC Flux Core Welder that fail due to defects in material or workmanship. Everyone likes a promise, and Forney backs their promise of quality machinery with a great warranty!
Advantage: This welder has several advantages over other welding options on the market, including:
- Affordable: With a amazing price, the Forney 299 125FC Flux Core Welder is among the more competitive of 125A Output, 120V Input welders on the market. For the features it holds, this price is a steal!
- Low Maintenance Upkeep: With the simple design meant to keep this welder easy to use, maintenance is minimal. Every 4-6 months or so, I remove the side panels and clear out the dust and dirt that has accumulated.
- High Quality: Even with the affordable cost of this Forney product, the quality is outstanding. Made of durable plastic and quality thin gauged metal, my Forney 299 125FC Flux Core Welder is still going strong use after use!
Drawbacks: The Forney 299 125FC Flux Core Welder does have a couple of drawbacks, though the features and affordability more than make up for:
- Capacity: Designed for smaller projects, this machine won’t be ideal for jobs that require thicker metals, this welder is ideal for welding up to 24 gauge and ¼” metals. It is great for small precise welding jobs, from car maintenance to hobbyist welding! I used it to repair some chain link fencing, and it got the job done easily and beautifully.
- Short Wire Feeder & Work piece Ground Wires: With a bit of work space planning, I was able to adjust to the fact that the wire feeder and work piece ground wires were not longer. Though this was a bit of an inconvenience early on, I found the flow quickly and forgot all about the shorter lengths midway through my welding repairs!
- Question: 1) Does this welder use gas?
- Answer: ) No, this is a gas-less flux core welder. It uses .030 flux core wire and creates some nice welds. No gas options for this machine. For a flux-core feeder machine though, it creates great beads, just be sure to apply the right heat!
- Question: 2) How many wire speeds does this machine offer?
- Answer: ) 10 Speeds! It has a Wire Speed Control Knob that has settings 1-10, with 1 being the slowest and 10 the highest. This makes it easy to set and maintain your wire speed, creating a great weld.
- Question: 3) Can my Forney 299 125FC Flux Core Welder use .035 wire?
- Answer: ) I had no issues with .035 wire, though I used a new tip.
- Question: 4) Is this welder good for art welding or DIY projects?
- Answer: ) Yes! The agility of this machine makes it great for small jobs and DIY projects. The arc is nice.
- Question: 5) Does any wire come with this welder? Or how about safety equipment?
- Answer: ) A 2lb spool of flux wire came with it, but no mask or safety gloves – I had some on hand.
With a great price tag, amazing features, and more advantages than drawbacks, the Forney Mig Welder 299 125FC Flux Core Welder, 120 Volt, 125 Amp is the best MIG welder for you and has been the perfect buy for me! The ease of use, low maintenance, and quality and precision of this welder has suited my hobbyist, DIY, and small welding jobs perfectly. I recommend this to all who need a smaller, affordable, durable, and precise flux core welder! Happy Welding!